Memory Care Daily Activities
Everyone working in Memory Care at Maison Senior Living is trained in dementia care and is passionate about supporting the happiness of our residents. Our staff members work one-on-one with each resident, lead group activities, serve meals, and provide wellness services. The relationships built between staff and residents are key to the well-being of our residents.
The activity program for each Memory Care resident is based on their Individualized Wellness Plan.
- Daily activities include one-on-one time and group activities
- At least one group outing is held each week for Memory Care residents
We refer to one-on-one time to bring purpose and meaning to their day. This happens throughout the day with each resident and includes things such as:
- Reminiscing by looking at photos together
- Doing activities together from their “My Life Story Book” or “My Life Story Box” with mementos and favourite things
- Listening together to a personal playlist, singing or dancing
- Therapeutic touch through hand massage
- Taking a stroll together
Our activity program leverages insights from the latest research on supporting people living with dementia or memory loss. Here is an example of the group activity schedule for a day.
|10am||Fit and Fun|
|2pm||Bake with Sue|